why has webroot suddenly stopped scanning new files?

• 16 July 2016
  • 8 replies

Whenever I download anything new, I always scan it with Webroot.  It has now stopped scanning.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi charleskimberl

Welcome to the Community Forums.

How do you know that WSA has stopped scanning new files just downloaded? As and when it does scan it is silently & unobtrusively so that you would not notice anyway.

We await your further information on this.

Regards, Baldrick
I didn't mean the auto scanning.  I right click a new file and ask Webroot to scan it and it has now stopped.  It will not scan when asked.
Userlevel 7
Ah, OK...apologies for the misunderstanding.

Please check this setting for me; click on 'Advanced Settings' (top lefthand corner of the main panel), click on the 'Scan Settings' tab on the left of the next panel, and then check to make sure that the 'Enable right-click scanning in Windows Explorer' option is checked.

If not checked then check it & click 'Save' (entering the CAPTCHA characters requested, etc.). If check then UNCHECK it, click 'Save' (entering the CAPTCHA characters requested, etc.), and then immediately check it  & click 'Save' (you won't have to enter the CAPTCHA this time).

In either case now try right clicking on a file and seeing if you can select the option and whether it works or  not...and then post back here either way.

Regards, Baldrick

Right-click scan was checked.  I unchecked and saved it and then checked it again and saved it.  Still dead.  Thank you for your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Best thing then is to do a clean reinstall. It's easy, and fast with WSA: 

Please follow the steps closely!   

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish its install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

That did it.  It works.  Thank you very much for your time and effort.
Userlevel 7
Hi charleskimberl

You are most welcome. That is good news indeed. We are always happy to try to assist our fellow members.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
?
That's great news, and thanks for letting us know :D 

Any issues in future, don't hesitate to ask for advice.