Solved

Activating new keycode

• 19 December 2013
  • 4 replies

I currently have the trial version installed and bought a 1 year subscription, for which I have received a keycode. However, I can not activate the new keycode in "my account" as there is menu item called "activate new keycode"
Any help would be appreciated
Sybille
icon

Best answer by Sybille 19 December 2013, 07:55

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Sybille and welcome to the Webroot Community!

Are you ready to activate and use the new keycode now?  (Remember, once you activate it the days remaining begin to count down right away.  UNLESS you purchased a Best Buy Subscription Software copy which activates upon sale and begins to count down days right away.)

• Please log back into your Account.
  • Once logged in, click your email address at the upper right hand corner.
  • Select "Manage Keycodes" from the drop down
  • In here you can add a Keycode.
  • Use they Keycode on your device to activate it on the device
I hope this helps, but let us know if you have any problems or questions!
I have solved the problem - I clicked on "my account" instead of the "gear"
My keycode is listed, but every time I try to enter it into SercureAnywhere the app immediately crashes and the code doesn't get redeemed.
Userlevel 7
Hi MWTravesty

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If this is happening when yo are trying to enter a new keycode & activate it then you should Open a Support Ticket to alert the Support Team to the issue so can investigate it for you. Even entering an invalid or incorrect keycode should not cause WSA to crash so something is not correct here.

However, you could also try, first, an uninstall/clean reinstall to see if that fixes what sounds like being due to a faulty installation or upgrade. If you would like to try this then please follow the steps below closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Hopefully, you will have been able to enter and redeem the keycode as part of the installation process but if  not then open the support ticket.

Regards, Baldrick