Co-worker entered my email and added her and 6 other names to my Amazon acct. I clsd it what els can

• 13 August 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
Co-worker saw me type in my password to personal email and she got into it, used it to add her name to my Amazon acct. AND added six other names of those I've never heard of. No $ was taken from cr. crd. acct. once used with Amazon and I closed Amazon acct., changed password to gmail, what else can I do? Amazon verified this and gave me names of those she added besides her. In fact. she opened a second Kindle acct. too. What else can I do to rid of her dirty work?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Hi and welcome to the community ?.

If you have changed all the passwords and she can no longer access your account I think you have probably done all you can.
However IF she is willing to do that to a colleague she is obviously not the sort of person I could trust, I would consider informing her supervisor as she may be up to no good with the business accounts either.
Also did she have direct access to YOUR computer without you being there?
If she did it may be worth having support check it over to make sure she has not installed any malware etc. it is free for all current subscription holders, see here Customer Support
Userlevel 7
Hi pozthinker2

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add to the great advice that Jasper has posted...any company worth its salt will have an HR policy for this, i.e., most likely a code of ethics that employees have to sign up to & adhere to (well, at least they do here in the UK), and if that is the case then I would suspect that the behaviour is contrary to that code (or at least it should be). I would therefore contact the HR function, in confidence, and see what recourse you have unuder company rules.

As Jasper intimated...would any company want that sort of individual working for them? The hardest thing that I think that you will face is providing proof should there be an avenue of complaint against the person in question.

Well, hope that helps, and that you manage to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

Regards, Baldrick