Is there a way to keep the webroot icon logged in when I close chrome and re-open chrome.

• 8 October 2015
  • 8 replies

I always close chrome after using a financial web site.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
? Welcome to the Webroot Community. 

Please read this thread, and let us know of any questions.  Re: staying logged in - Webroot Community
It could be a setting - default unchecked to force login each time.  Log off when the computer is shut down.  I'm usually in chrome all the time, but when I do my finance sites (paperless statements), I close chrome in-between to dump the memory for each site - another security issue.  If I'm getting a paperless statement for 4 sites, more or less, it's a lot of logging in to webroot with a password that is more complicated than most.

I'm a home user so it's on most of the time, anyway.  If I go out or go to sleep, the computer is shut down.  That would be when I'd need to log off webroot in the browser.

I may put this in the Feature Request.  Times change.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Maybe a review of some of the Password Manager settings may help: http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/708/Setting-preferences
e.g.   "If you jump around from site to site frequently, you might want to enable an auto-login. If you return to a site within the specified number of seconds you will not have to log in again." 

I don't use the PM myself, and maybe member here more advanced in its usage can suggest any help? 

I will look into those settings and re-post here.  I'm new to the password manager.  Something in those settings may help.  Thank you. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@ wrote:
I will look into those settings and re-post here.  I'm new to the password manager.  Something in those settings may help.  Thank you. :)
You're most welcome @ Let us know of your findings, and if you have any suggestions or questions. Thanks 😃
"If you jump around . . . " I've already had that checked and doesn't seem to apply to the Webroot login.

This option I don't have and I'm wondering which clipboard it is talking about.  Is it the ID and password from the site you have logged into?  Or the memory of all I've done on the site that is in memory being the reason I'm leaving chrome and coming back.  The option in the Help under Advanced reads as follows:

If you want the clipboard cleared automatically, select the number of seconds you want to elapse before it is cleared.

I do have an option to "Enable new login screen" which isn't in the Help under Advanced.  I'm not sure what that means since I've been using bookmarks to get to the site I'm going to log into.

I also don't have the following option from the Help under Advanced:

Display an option to create new form-fill profiles automatically.

Userlevel 7
I believe the help file, and the images therein, need updating.  Evidently there has been a small change in the extension.  The Password Manager is a customized and rebranded form of LastPass, so it is LastPass that actually puts the options together.

In the past, there was indeed an option to remember the login ID and Password both, but LastPass removed that option at some point.  I believe the considered saving the password of the Password Manager to be a security risk for some reason....   :)

Anyway, looking at the options available in IE, Chrome and Firefox, the exact preferance options are sometimes different between the browsers though I am not sure such is the case right at the moment as I do not have Firefox installed.
There is a Tool called "Clear local cache."  Would this clear any info in memory from my logged in financial site instead of having to close chrome?