Notepad.exe and identity shield

• 9 October 2013
  • 3 replies

I added notepad.exe to the identity shield protected apps. When i open notepad i can see the locked icon showing the protected status. I write something in the document, save the file, close notepad and when i open the saved doc (maximized screen and notepad in front), the locked icon doesnt appear so i suppose my doc is not protected. This didn't happen in previous version and i have no clue what i am doing wrong. If i can get some help.. Thank you in advance.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
I tried to reproduce this, and it looks like a problem with Windows displaying the lock icon. I did the same thing, but when I noticed the lock icon not appearing, I selected the window and dragged it around a moment. Then the lock icon appeared. There is some slight delay between the lock icon appearing and the opening of Notepad, but it does seem to work. Are you able to trigger the lock icon by dragging the window around your screen as I did?
Not worked for me. I dragged the window, clicked multiple times and waited, repeated process but the lock icon not triggered.
The problem is lingering. If i open a new txt file the lock there but after saving and re opening it dissapears :S
Userlevel 7
Do you have any apps running that force themselves to the foreground?  It does need to have the focus be on the window you're trying to protect - though my test that had you click on the window should have ruled that out.

Since I can't reproduce it, it might be best to go though the support system so we can take a closer look at your particular computer.