Poor visibility about Webroot by some people !

• 21 July 2016
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Hello to all Webrooters.

i see somethings which make me disturbed !

why some people talkt like this ( https://malwaretips.com/threads/webroot-or-eset-nod32-antivirus.44772/#post-373282 ) about Webroot ? i see this like behavior more than 3-4 times on Malwaretips forum !

i am modern ! i have modern laptop ! i have modern System Operation ! :| 

some people thinks Webroot is for old systems? ! why? because it's cloud based ? cloud based is modern !!! these days everywhere we have Wi-Fi ! we have connection ! so this is modern not old ! :)

why Webroot don't answer them ? Webroot is Symantec's and Trend Micro's and another big & leader American Companies rival ! if they know one thing about Security and what they are talking about don't compare ESET vs Webroot ! 

i cannot accept that  why they have these ideas ? why they are so low-minded ?! :D

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
We do run well on older systems, due to the small footprint and it being cloud based. But that doesn't mean we don't also do great on modern systems 🙂
Userlevel 5
Webroot is great ! on Support part and also protection ! but on every these topics.. on for example some forums like malwaretips... i see if someone put a compare between Webroot and another Anti-virus 60-70% users come and say if you have an old system choose Webroot !! and if you have a modern system choose for example Esetor !!!!!! or something else !
:D

even they don't read Pcworld review !!! or another experts 😃
@MrParham wrote:

i cannot accept that  why they have these ideas ? why they are so low-minded ?! :D

Personally, I feel any negative information about Webroot comes from people who don't understand the technology or who are so blatantly inept when it comes to their computers that when they really screw things up they blame it on Webroot when Webroot had nothing to do with it. I KNOW, from years with Webroot and my experiences with other AV's, that Webroot is BY FAR the best out there. I think this fact makes other AV's vendors, and their hardcore users, a bit jealous and more likely to trash Webroot any chance they get, regardless of performance, imho.

Thankfully, we are enlightened and know better. :p

bd
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It takes time for people to adjust to new technology. Remember how long it took for people to just understand that antivirus was important at all? That's why we have you guys helping us to spread the word 🙂
Userlevel 7
It also takes people with an open mind and a general view that they are not always right/know it all...and over at MT there are very certainly full of that...IMHO. ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
This book goes into some of the why:
https://www.amazon.com/Structure-Scientific-Revolutions-Thomas-Kuhn/dp/0226458083

He jokes that sometimes the amount of time it takes for a new idea to take hold is the amount of time it takes for the "old guard" to die off 🙂
@ wrote:

He jokes that sometimes the amount of time it takes for a new idea to take hold is the amount of time it takes for the "old guard" to die off :)
As so perfectly illustrated by the slow, painful death we are witnessing first-hand with the GOP here in the U.S. 😛
Userlevel 5
yes i think it's need more time to underestand and know Webroot Tech and way :D

Thank You all for your replies this was needed to be an answer for those people who think Webroot is for old systems !!!

really ?! 😃 i think Webroot truly is Nex Genaration of Security ! 🙂 i hope they realize that before too late ( something like that 😃 !! i hope was Ok and excuse me for my bad english 😃 ) !!!