Subscription

Userlevel 3
Why does my new subscription only say active and not the day remaining?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello 2string1

Did you renew with Best Buy? The display as Subscription = Active, is  how I believe the main screen is supposed to show for the Best Buy version.

Userlevel 3
Yes Thanks. Is the best buy any different then the regular version.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi 2string1,

I don't think there is a difference with the BestBuy Webroot Internet Security Complete other the showing it's "active"

It should be the same as Webroot standard WSA Complete.
Userlevel 3
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Yes Thanks. Is the best buy any different then the regular version.
Hello,

Can you tell us if it's a Best Buy Subscription via Geek Squad or a Boxed version from the Best Buy store?

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 3
Don't know I got it off ebay. The first day I activated it it said 365 days. Now it just says Active. I asked the seller if he got it at Best Buy he said no.that it is a 1 year subscription.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Don't know I got it off ebay. The first day I activated it it said 365 days. Now it just says Active. I asked the seller if he got it at Best Buy he said no.that it is a 1 year subscription.
Any software from ebay can't be trusted and you should not buy from them. Now it would be best to Submit a Support Ticket and ask them if the keycode is legit and if it's not then your out of the money you paid for it on ebay, it's not Webroot's fault.

Daniel 😠
Userlevel 3
Will do Thanks
Userlevel 3
All is well... I sent the key code to webroot they said it's legit and expires 1/5/2018

Thanks for your help.
Userlevel 7
@

If it's indeed not a Best Buy keycode, can you try something for me? (This is a different method than Uninstalling/Reinstalling but has the same effect as a new Installation)

1. Write down your keycode by clicking "My Account" at the bottom right of the main screen.

2. Right click the Green "W" icon in your System Tray (next to the Clock & Date/Time) and click "Shut Down protection"

3. After you've typed the captcha and Webroot is no longer running, navigate to the ProgramData folder in File Explorer:
C:ProgramData
Hint: a super easy way to get straight to the ProgramData folder is by opening a run box.
Press the Windows key on your keyboard + R at the same time. Then type this and press OK: %PROGRAMDATA%

4. The ProgramData folder will open. Scroll to the bottom. Right click "WRData" and rename it to "WRData1".

5. Relaunch Webroot like normal. Click the gear icon to the right of "My Account" and re-activate your keycode.

6. After the scan completes, check again to see if it is now displaying the days remaining.

This should correct it so it shows the days remaining and doesn't just display "Active". Unless it is indeed a Best Buy keycode, in which case it won't have any effect.

Please let me know what happens if you try 🙂