Solved

WSAC and Voodoo Shield

Userlevel 6
Hi
I've just seen that some of the more experimented members of this forum are also using Voodoo Shield.
Currently I'm working with WSAC + MBAM Premium + MBAE Premium  whitout any issues.
I don't know what is exactly Voodoo Shield and if it is interesting to run it with my other protections ?
Thanks.
Asklepios
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 4 July 2015, 19:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Asklepios

We need to be a little careful where this discussion goes as this is a Webroot Forum and detailed discussions about other security apps are contrary to the Community Guidelines.

But suffice to say that VoodooShield is a computer lock, i.e., basically it prevents unsafe apps/files from executing on your computer, and to be honest you reaslly do not look as if you would need it given the other security apps that you are running in addition to WSA.  Personally I would not as I thinkthat you would be overburdening your system.

Perhaps you should find out a little more by going to the website and reading up on exactly how it works and then deciding if it is a replacement for MBAE...just my personal opinion on the matter.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 6
Hi Baldrick,
1/ I'm sorry+++ and if possible you can delete my topic:$
2/Thanks for your explanations.
Regards
Asklepios
Userlevel 7
Hi Asklepios

Absolutely no need to apologise as you have done nothing wrong/incorrect. And no need to delete your thread.

You asked a perfectly valid question which did not transgress any rules and all I did was to advise that we cannot really go too deeply into a reply about another security app that is not Webroot-related.

You had not actually gotten there yet and I was just trying to make sure that we did not stray in to that territory as somethimes these threads do. If you have any questions about VoodooShield that their website does not answer then please feel free to ask me but please do it via PMs, i.e., outside the open Community.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 6
Hi Baldrick
Thanks for your understanding.
Regards
Asklepios