Webroot Backup & Sync - "User could not be resolved. Please try again later"

• 25 September 2013
  • 2 replies

• Fresh Face
  • 1 reply
I had a trial version of Webroot on my PC so I decided to go for a full paid up Complete version. This gave me AV for my desktops with backup and sync plus protection and backup for my phone, what more could I ask for?

Well all seemed to be going fine, I registered 3 desktops and 2 mobile devices with the new keycode and an existing account.

I've been in the IT business for almost 15 years and I have rolled out Webroot in work so I know how it goes.

I backed up the photos from the two phones. I was having problems with the passwords feature so I decided to create a new admin account. This second account worked so I figured I would contact support some time and ask them to look into the password issue on my original account, it wan't something I needed right now I just wanted to test it in their secure browser on my iPad.

A few weeks went by and I needed to restore some photos lost from my phone. When I logged in as the original user I got an error when I clicked on Backup & Sync - "User could not be resolved. Please try again later"

I have been in contact with support since Saturday and they have been pretty useless in solving the issue. I am a long term Business user of the product having used the original Prevx business for a few years and previous support was always good.

I would just like to warn Webroot users that in my experience the support offered is worse than useless. I have wasted a few hours on the support ticket system and find I am constantly repeating myself. I also believe I am now being ignored by support!

I'll be contacting my Webroot Business Account manager and cancelling our business contract in the morning. I cant justify using a product in work to protect my end users and servers if I don't trust the Webroot support team to back me up when something goes wrong, it just wouldn’t be ethical!

I would love to hear from anyone else with the "User could not be resolved. Please try again later" - and would be interested to know if you ever got your files back? (if they actually let this post stay..)

W

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Your support ticket has been escalated to our tier 2 support engineers and is currently under investigation. The number of trials that were used contributed to the association issue with your online account and we are checking the system to see if the data is recoverable.

I apologize for the wait and appreciate your patience. I'll provide you with an update when we know more. :D

Hey Mike,

Many thanks for your reply. If only your technical team had told me this via the support system, I wouldn't have had to reach out to the community for help!

Hopefully this will end well and I can come back here with some good news.

Regards,

W