When I log in and click on the password link why does the page open up blank?

I'm trying to set up my passwords but all I get is a blank page and no dialog to set it up. Any ideas?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi gwyoder

Welcome to the Community Forms.

Would you be kind enough to advise as to exactly from where you are trying to set up you passwords when you get this blank page?  Is it from the browser toolbar icon or is it in your web console?

Many thanks, Baldrick
From the web console. I do not have a toolbar icon unless you mean chrome extensions. I'm running Chrome and I have the Webroot Reputation extension there and it's bright green. I also have the Webroot Password Manager extension but it is grayed out and wants a log in. It will not reconigize my Webroot login. The response says "Unknown email address" which I know is correct.  I don't know what I could be doing wrong. What gives?
Userlevel 7
Hi gwyoder

Thanks for the detailed responses.

From the web console.

The icon that you see in the browser toolbar is in fact the Password Manager access within the browser, and if it is greyed out then you need to click on it and all being well you should be promoted for your login credentials which are the same as the ones that you have used to access the web console, so if you are absolutely sure that you are entering the exact same credentials (and you would be surprised how often this is in the end found to incorrect credentials) the you most likely need to Open a Support Ticket so that the Support Team can take a look in the back office in case the issue lies therein...unfortunately we volunteers have no access to those systems.

Finally, and on the off chance that this my yield something material to a potential solution re. the greyed out icon would you advise as to whether this issue has just started occurring or whether it has been happening for a while.  And if just started have you by any chance renewed or change your subscription in anyway?  I ask as sometimes this can affect Password Manager access, etc.

As far as the blank page; have you at any stage used or tried Lastpass as a password manager?  If so then I think that the best option is that you Open a Support Ticket so that the Support Team can take a look either way.

The reason I ask is that based on some information regarding passed episodes of what you are describing could be due to a known issue between Webroot and Lastpass (the Webroot Password Manager is based on a licensed version of LastPass), and the Support Team have the tools to fix the issue if investigations conclude that this is in fact the issue. Either way the Support Team are best placed to look into the issue as it again resides in the back office systems rather than the client on your system.

Please do post back to let us know how you get on/if the issue is fixed, and how it was finally resolved...as such feedback helps us to help others going forward.

Regards, Baldrick

Just to let you know, I'm new to Webroot and thus a first time user. So this is a new setup and have never logged onto Webroot Password Manager before. All other portions for the program seems to running fine and so far love it. I was moving on to set up Password Manager and then ran into this. Just to let you know I have indeed check and double checked my cerdential's and I am not making a mistake loging on.
Userlevel 7
Hi gwyoder

Thanks for the further response.

From what you are saying the best course of action is that you Open a Support Ticket so that the Support Team can take a look either way.  That would be the most sensible option and likly the one that will get this sorted for you fastest.

Regards, Baldrick
Good evening Baldrick,

I just wanted to give you an update to getting an answer to my question / issue. I submitted the question to Tech support, which responed back within several hours that someone will be working on resolving my issue and will be contacting me with a solution very soon. The final response came the following day as follows:
Hello,

Thank you for Contacting Webroot,

We have changed the settings to your account, you should be able to log in to the password manager.

Click here for password manager. 

Should you have additional questions, please send us a reply in the "Send another message"

Thanks,

The Webroot Support Team

I logged on and wala, problem was solved. I guess there was a hickup in the settings somewhere in the system and it was resolved on the other end. Everything seems to being working great now. Thanks again for your help and suggestions. 

Thanks, George