Why does my LastPass installer have an Install Webroot button instead of Install Lastpass?

• 17 January 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
Why does the LastPass installer say "Install Webroot" instead of "Install LastPass"? Why is the LastPass  installation directory suddenly WRDATA? Why does the desktop version of LastPass, when the mouse hovers over it, show "Webroot" instead of LastPass? And why does the dialog on the desktop say "Show my Webroot Vault?" Have you corrupted my LastPass installation?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello JerryLerman,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please have a look at this Thread that may help with some of this https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/Does-Webroot-Password-Manager-take-the-place-of-LastPass/m-p/232220/highlight/true#M7718

You can Submit a Support Ticket and they can have a look free of charge with an active subscription.

? can you advise?

Hope this helps somewhat?

Badge +1
Thanks for the reply. I saw thius thread before. Unless there's something I missed those threads are more around switching from Lastpass to the Webroot password manager. My issue is that Webroot seems to have co-opted LastPass on my computer, even to the point where the install directory points to webroot. I won't have an update then to LastPass, I'll have two of them on my computer,.

I wanted to try to turn off the Webroot password manager to see if this helps but I don't see how this can be done.

I've seen other postings on the web about this but nobody seems to have gotten an answer.

Jerry
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi JerryLerman,

The Password Manager is used by browser Plugins.  Simply manage the plugins / extensions of your browser(s) and you can disable or remove it.

Userlevel 7
Hi JerryLerman

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Whilst they will coexist on the same system it is not advised to have the Password Manager & LastPass installed together. I have not come across this issue before and so would suggest that the support ticket roo=ute is the best approach in these circumstances.

Rwgards, Baldrick