backup

• 6 October 2015
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
why does my backup already have a folder called anywhere that has a little bit of stuff in it, but no files? New to Webroot so excuse my ignorance.  Trying to do backup and didn't get very far. Assuming this is where to backup to and next it will ask me what to backup?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome to the Community!

The AnyWhere folder is designed to be available to ALL devices that use the same Backup&Sync log in.  It is really quite handy, and I do happen to use it more than the regular backup & sync abilities.

To advise you better on how to use it, I am going to have to refer you to the User's Guide.  As I said, I use the AnyWhere folder, a LOT, but I don't really make use of the full capabilities of the system.

Guide 1

Guide 2  (A LOT more complete information here)
Userlevel 2
Thanks David. Will check out the users guide.
Userlevel 7
Since I usually use just a single laptop, I do not use the Sync.  That is set a bit different: synched folders have to be manually added to each device you want that folder in, where the AnyWhere folder is automatically placed on all devices. (The mobile version does not download everything in the AnyWhere folder!  It has the folder available, but it only downloads files as you call on them.  Smart.. it will not eat up your memory!)

So I am no expert on how to correctly set up the Sync, but it can be mighty useful!