scanning takes up all my processor.

• 22 July 2016
  • 3 replies

every night at midnght thisn **bleep** program goes on a tear and takes up 100% of my processor. I have 16 ram 
WTF?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi stephenwills

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue, which is not something that I can recall hear about recently. If you are certain that WSA is the culprit then the first thing that I would is to uninstall WSA and then clean reinstall it, just to make sure that the issue is not the result of a faulty installation or upgrade.

If you would like to try this; it is quick & easy to do, then please follow the steps below closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
and then wait until the appointed hour to check if the situation has improved/has been resolved or not. Either way please post back to let us know how you get on.

Regards, Baldrick
ok, did all you asked, no difference. I went to my windows task manager and set the affinity to only one of my two processors for webroot. still takes a 100% but at least my computer isn't completely locked up. just very slow.  why can't I change the time it does this? I work at midnight.
and this is no way to communicate with you. I have to go back through pages and find the conversation. email me. <email address snipped for reason of privacy>
I bought this program because it was supposed to have a small footprint. 

thanks
Userlevel 7
Hi stephenwills

Is it the scheduled scanning that runs at that time and therefore could be the cause of the issue? If so then we can change the scheduled scan time to occur at a time that is more convenient/less interruption to your work pattern. Let me know and I can advise as to how to do that.

Other than that I would strongly recommend that you Open a Support Ticket ASAP to let the Support Team know of this as it is very unusual behavior in relation to WSA (as I said before I have never seen this happen). You can link this trhead into the support ticket so as to show them what you have tried/been advised to do, etc.

Please get back to me re. my initial question as that may provide some temporary reprieve whilst the Support Team get involved and sorted out.

Regards, Baldrick