Solved

I still am getting an enormous amount of popups, what is up?

• 28 January 2016
  • 3 replies

I had windows defender supposedly doing the job and I started getting all of these unsolicitated software scams such as back my pc and others.  So obviously I installed this program with threats alread onboard.  Webroot has done an excellent and timely job removing 100+ threats with another 78 or so on second and third re-scans.  However I still am getting an enormous crazy amount of popups, what is up?  Appreciate your advice,
Thanks, Mike
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 28 January 2016, 23:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Mike

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Are these popups in browser or do you also get them outside of your browsing sessions?

On the assumption that they are in browser then you best bet is to add a popup blocker, as and add on or extension, to the browser or browsers that you use.

For both Chrome & Firefox I would recomend uBlock Origin...to get it just go to the browser's addon/extension manager page and search for it, install it and then configure it. That should get rid of a lot of popups.

For Edge (if using Windows 10) you can activate the built in popup blocker...let us know if you need guidance re. that.

Regards, Baldrick
You just made me into a bigger fan of Webroot.  Ublock worked real well, plus I found a couple of extensions that were contributing to the pop up problem.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  Thanks to the community, I am in a much happier place,
MIKEBRO100
Userlevel 7
Hi Mike

That is great to hear, and glad that the Community could do what it is primarily here to do...help WSA users.

Do stick around as nor only is there help here but the is also a good deal of fun.

Hope to see you around.

Regards, Baldrick