Solved

Need to activate subscription?

• 12 August 2014
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I had WebRoot Secure Anywhere Internet Security installed on my computer by the Geek Squad recently. When I got it home I set up the online account, and it seems to have been working fine.  (Scans are conducted, threats are removed, and information about these events is available via the online account.)

When I log into the online account, it says I have 312 days remaining on my license; however, on all three laptops associated with this license, it says "Need to Activate" next to subscription status.

Also, sending commands from the online account to these laptops has no effect.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 12 August 2014, 02:46

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hi,

I had WebRoot Secure Anywhere Internet Security installed on my computer by the Geek Squad recently. When I got it home I set up the online account, and it seems to have been working fine.  (Scans are conducted, threats are removed, and information about these events is available via the online account.)

When I log into the online account, it says I have 312 days remaining on my license; however, on all three laptops associated with this license, it says "Need to Activate" next to subscription status.

Also, sending commands from the online account to these laptops has no effect.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.
 Hello radfordb333, Welcome to the Community Forum,

You did say you added  it to your My Webroot Account and then activated it in the user interface so that all of your online data is connected (Backup & Sync, Password Management, etc.).

Unfortunately we cannot create a My Webroot online account with a Best Buy subscription. You Can call Geek Squad at Best Buy ...
When you call, request to speak to Computing Services and ask for an Online Support agent to assist you. If Online Support cannot help they should be able to refer the problem to a department that can.

If you bought from Best Buy you can get free online support Here Or Call them at 1.800.Geeksquad

| Download (Best Buy Subscription)

Please let us know how it works out,

Regards,