Solved

RE: a PUP, SlimCleaner Plus by Slimware Utilities, Inc.

• 30 October 2015
  • 5 replies

How do I Uninstall an unwanted program called SlimCleaner Plus? It may come with another program Driver Update boh by Slimware Utilities, Inc.
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 30 October 2015, 20:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi HDEVE1200

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The jury is out on whether SlimCleaner Plus is a PUA/PUP...I for one have used it to good effect in the past and I would not classify it as a traditional PUA/PUP...one person's PUP/PUA may be another person's cherised and well used application. ;)

Having said that you can find instructions from SlimCleaner here as to how to uninstall the software.

Regards, Baldrick
Thank you, Baldrick. I did these steps, but when I come to the box with the question of 'do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?', I cannot say 'Yes', can I? When I say 'No', the Uninstall closes with no uninstall. What I do not want is for the SlimCleanse to make any changes!  It already showed up uninvited, so I want to get it off. Should I say 'Yes, make changes...?' Thanks. Eva
Userlevel 7
Hi HDEVE1200

To be honest I have to say that I have never seen that when uninstalling SlimCleaner Plus...but unfortunately I do not see what option you have other than to say 'Yes'...otherwise you will need to do a manual uninstall which will most likely be very timeconsuming and fraught with the possibility of making a mistake and/or failing to remove everything.

I do not believe that SlimCleaner Plus is malcious or in any way likely to damage your system, and given that it has made changes to your system when installing I would suspect that it is just being polite and asking for permission to reverse those change that it originally made.

Anyone else have any opinions on this ? ? ? ?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
When uninstalling, the software has to make changes to the system: in this case removing itself.  It should be just fine to click Yes there.  I am pretty sure most all software would bring up that warning upon uninstall.
Thank you, David!!!