Webroot causes Windows Explorer to use large amount of memory in windows 10

• 25 May 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 16 replies
Hi Everyone,

Windows Explorer doesn't function properly when changing the view of the folder contents or open a folder; all the thumbnails seem to regenerate every time you open up a folder or change the view, which causes slow down and waste of system resources.

Anyone know of a solution?

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi MOY

I am not sure about this issue. Would you want to do a uninstall/reinstall of Webroot? But yoiu just asked how to uninstall Webroot so I don't think you will want to try this? There is also a Thread here that that talks about this.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue? But you can always Submit a Support Ticket which is free of charge with a Webroot subscription. They will certainly take a look.

Thanks,
Userlevel 4
Hi Ssherjj

It's me once again! LOL :D

I was so busy with the other thread that I totally forgot about this one, geeze.  Wow, thanks for helping out with this one as well, you ROCK!  :catvery-happy:

I'm going to read the other thread in detail a bit later... Although I need to uinstall Webroot completely, its only temporary, because I have to first have get a problem soloved with a business program of mine that requires Webroot to be completely off my system.  Once that is solved, then I'm going to put Webroot back on, I've liked Webroot since I started using it back in 2012.

Thank you for everything!

P.S.
The wsainstall.exe file that you posted, does that install the latest version of Webroot SecureAnywhere back on my system?
Userlevel 7
Hi MOY

To answer the last question posed...the answer is 'Yes'...but when ever uninstalling/reinstalling WSA I would always recommend redownloading the actual installer using the link provided...that way you have the latest version and would not need to check for an update after running the copy that you have downloaded previously. The installer is less than 1Mb in size so should be very quick to download.

Worth remembering.;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
You are most welcome MOY! 😉