disappearing webroot

• 3 July 2016
  • 3 replies

2 days ago my webroot anywhere personal security disappeared from my computer. Not listed/found anywhere! I have the disc, but cannot seem to install it.  

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Elanie

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Well, that is very strange. Have you checked under the Add/Remove Programs Contro Panel applet for an entry for Webroot? If not then please do so and if you find it please try to run the uninstaller, ahead of doing a clean re-install.

If that does not work/the uninstaller is not showing then please see this KB Article for details to resolve that issue. Please note that if you run the command line instruction to uninstall that needs to be run from a Command Prompt with elevated privileges, i.e., as an Administrator.

Assuming that after all of the above you have uninstalled WSA then please follow the steps below closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
And see if WSA starts automatically from the reboot and you can again access it as you did before.

Please post back to let us know how you get on.

Regards, Baldrick
And the disc code is different from the code showing under my account.

Userlevel 7
Hi Elanie

That is good news...but not exactly sure what you mean by "the disc code is different from the code showing under my account"? By "disc code" are you referring to the keycode that you received with your Subscription (format is xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx)?

And in terms of "my account" are you referring to the your online accounmt (HERE) or is it the 'My Account' tab in the WSA main panel?

Regards, Baldrick