webroot secureanywhere does not have a tool bar

• 15 November 2015
  • 2 replies

I have webroot secure anywhere but can not get the password manager to work. There is no webroot tool bar showing in windows 10.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

When Edge was first released, Microsoft had not allowed for any add-ons at all.  At this time, Webroot is working to be able to use the browser extensions, including the Web Filter, but I do not know the plans or timing for having the Password Manager.

As you noticed, IE does still support the Password Manager, as does Chrome and Firefox.  At this time, you will need to use one of those to be able to use the Password Manager 'live' with websites.

Here is the KB article explaining this. https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/I-ve-upgraded-to-Windows-10-and-th...

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 7
Hi vbullar

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just elaborate a little on what Sherry has posted...? The Fall Update to Windows 10, released generally on 12th November, did have some updates to Edge one of which was expected to be the support for Extensions/Addons, as this support had been mooted for release earlier but had been a no show. However, it is again a no show with the Fall Update, but from what I have read it is planned that Extension/Addon support will be provided at some point.

At present, as Sheery has stated, we do not know when that would be but given that the Webroot Development Team will need to make changes, etc., it is like that we will get a heads up on it ahead of any launch, etc., so keep watching this space for details as of course even if MS does provide the support the WS Extensions will no doubt need to be re-jigged for use under Edge...and the Beta testers here will get hold of any changes ahead of general release.

Regards, Baldrick