Solved

what is a WSRA.exe-Application errorThe exception unknown software exception(0xc000049)

• 1 September 2015
  • 6 replies

I am trying to understand Webroot better by clicking my way around.  However I have had this happen to me twice now and I do not know if it is a serious problem or not.  Started at https://Utilities > System Control >Reports > now it was either Protection Stats or Execution History, it says if you want to view an event just double click, I did, and this window pops up saying
WEBROOT SecureAnywhere: WRSA.exe-Application Error
The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000409) occurred in the application at location 0x754ce358
Click okay to terminate the program

Not sure what this means.  Is there a problem?  Am I helping or making things worse by clicking okay, which I had to to leave this area :-/  Obviously I need to learn how to add a picture to the forum.  Sorry.
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 1 September 2015, 16:57

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

That is an unusal thing to see but not unheard of so the first thing to try is an uninstall/clean reinstall.  You do this by:

Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Rebootonce again

If this fails to resolve the problem, you may need to contact Support for assistance.

If your subscription is dirctly through Webroot, you will need to contact Webroot Support.  You can do so by submitting a Trouble Ticket if you have not already done so, or by phone during business hours.  (The online Ticketing system is manned 24/7)

If your subscription is through Best Buy Subscription Software services, you may need to call them at 1-800-GEEK-SQUAD.

Please do let us know how you rare re. the issue and pleas feel free to ask further question if required.

Hope this helps?

Kind Regards,

Thank you for the reply.  LOL, figures, that's just my luck.  I should know better by now not to click before understanding fully of what you're about to do. :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello thomi,

Really this uninstall/clean reinstall doesn't take long. Give it a go and see if you still get the error. This shouldn't be happening.

Kind Regards,
Sorry, but just had a thought.  I have another computer and a laptop on this console, will I need to reinstall on those as well, or just the one I have the problem with?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi thomi,

This is only for the computer that you are having problems with. No need to worry about the other computers in your console,
Thanks!