why am I getting message: waiting for extension Webroot Filtering Extension almost all of the time.

• 27 October 2014
  • 1 reply

The last three days, I am getting a much slower respoonse online. I consistently get the message: waiting for extension Webroot Filtering Extension.  This is new and it dramatically slows work on the internet. What is it? What can be done about it?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hello aamace, welcome to the Webroot Community!

How long have you had WSA installed?

I ask because you have had the Filtering Extension installed... the whole time!  The Filter Extension is a browser extension that handles checking web pages to block known bad sites.  It also provides information regarding sites before you click on them in search results.  You know those green checks, orange and red warning symbols when you use a search engine, warning you of potentially bad sites before you click on them?  That is the Filter Extension at work.

I also have had that message while waiting for a web page to load over the last few days.  I am not sure if there is anything in the Webroot Cloud causing a delay or not.  In my own case, the delay was caused by my WiFi not communicating well.  I had a poor signal strength and had to reboot as well as physically move my WiFi Range Extender.  Once I did that... the slowdowns dissapeared.

So, there MIGHT be a problem with the Cloud in checking the URL's, but it might not be.  If you have an app that streams music or movies that is NOT done through your browser, try that and see if you are also getting a lot of 'lag' or delay.  If that is also laggy, your problem is probably based in your WiFi signal same as in my situation.

If that app (again, one that does NOT user your browser) runs lag free while your browser still has that long delay, that might signal an issue at Webroot's side for which you should submit a Trouble Ticket.