Android 5.0.2 Lollipop now available for 2013 Nexus 7, 10 -- here's how you can install and update

• 16 January 2015
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Android 5.0 Lollipop is far from perfect, arriving with nasty bugs that have affected battery life, performance, Wi-Fi and more. The first update that Google launched, version 5.0.1, managed to fix some of the problems users have reported, but some major ones persist even to this day. Personally, I am seeing my 2013 Wi-Fi Nexus 7 running excruciatingly slow at times, even with the first update in tow.

Fortunately, Google also launched a second update not long after the first, which fixes even more bugs, however it only launched it for the first-generation Nexus 7. Now, the search giant is making Android 5.0.2 Lollipop available for the 2013 Wi-Fi Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 as well, in the form of new factory images.
 The latest factory images for the second-generation Wi-Fi Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 seem to be based off the same Android 5.0.2 build as the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Nexus 7 factory image, which has the LRX22G build number.

Full Article

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +52

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OTA files now available -- here's how you can update

After releasing Android 5.0.2 Lollipop factory images for the 2013 and 2012 Wi-Fi Nexus 7, Google is now rolling out the latest version of Android for the two 7-inch tablets via an over-the-air (OTA) update.

Google has yet to provide an official changelog for Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, but from the AOSP commits we can tell that there are only a couple of noteworthy changes made since Android 5.0.1 Lollipop. The biggest one is related to TRIM functionality, which should lead to noticeable improvements in performance.
 After the update, which I performed using the factory image, my 2013 Wi-Fi Nexus 7 started performing better, with fewer slowdowns and less stuttering. That said, it still feels like there is lots of room for improvement. (For more on what Android 5.0.2 Lollipop brings to the table, check out this article.)

Full Article