Anti-Spyware Buyer’s Checklist

• 19 July 2014
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Nice checklist, add a recommendation in there for Webroot Enterprise and the report would get an A+!

10 key questions to ask before you buy anti-spyware software for your business.
John Edwards    July 17, 2014

Big Brother may not be watching, but plenty of other people have their eyes on your data. Spyware — software that's surreptitiously placed on a computer in order to report on or control its user's actions — has become a major business scourge.

Given the technology's ability to damage computers and ruin user productivity, the question is not whether an anti-spyware application should be used but how to get the best possible protection. To find the anti-spyware solution that meets your network's configuration, size and devices, you first need to answer several questions.

Read the questions in the article.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Well that is very old news (2007) we WSA users don't have no worry with any type of Spyware if not Detected then it will be Monitored and limited and if you go online the Identity Shield will protect your online Banking and any other transactions. Got to love WSA. :D

Daniel
Userlevel 7
EXACTLY my point Daniel!

Just happened to run by this article that John Edwards published yesterday! 

2007? I thought there was a checklist similar out there already before that. We know WSA is the solution.
The article being directed toward businesses, my point is that WSA Enterprise is the solution for Business.

I will email John Edwards a link, perhaps he will consider recommending it as the onlky step needed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes 2007. And also this is the Consumer Forum the Business is here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Business/ct-p/ent0

Also look at the link date at the end: http://www.itsecurity.com/features/antispyware-checklist-071707/

Userlevel 7
Yes Daniel, I am aware of the Business community and I do read posts there periodically. Thank you for the links. 

So John Edwards re-posts his article 10 years later, cute.His posting  My reason for posting it was to point out that WSA Enterprise is the way to go.

Also, there was an article back in 2005, may be before as early as 2002 that I remember reading that contained a checklist for purchasing Anti-Spywhere in general, It was written by someone else.That is what I was talking about. 

Again, my comment on my OP is my point,

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
This is the Webroot Community why would they need a checklist for Anti-Spyware? :@

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Again Daniel, my comment in BLUE the very 1st line of my op. 

BTW: people do come here before purchasing new AV protection, I did and read articles here in Techie as well as other threads. That is why I chose WSA, nothing better out there!