Apple announces iOS 8 with Healthkit and QuickType

• 2 June 2014
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54

New software refines iOS 7's look and adds new features.

by Andrew Cunningham - June 2 2014

SAN FRANCISCO, CA—After months of rumors and speculation, Apple took the wraps off of iOS 8 today at the opening keynote of its 2014 Worldwide Developers Conference. The latest version of Apple's iPhone and iPad operating system retains and refines the "flattened" user interface introduced in iOS 7 last year while introducing new features and APIs.

Apple has revamped Notifications Center in iOS 8 so users can respond to messages without leaving the app they are in. The function will work for apps like Messages and Calendar, and items can also be answered from the lock screen.
The keyboard gets an update with QuickType, a context-aware set of suggestions for words to include in messages. The suggestions are personalized and will differ from contact to contact, and Apple reassured users that the keystrokes and learning are all conducted in the device, and do not need to be sent to Apple's servers for processing.

Messages on iOS received a number of improvements.

Full Article

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Ok finally some good news..maybe? Apple needs to come up with some positive programs and permissions I think since I always hear otherwise.

Thanks @ 😉
Userlevel 7
Thanks Jasper!  But dang, you beat me to it.  :(

I guess the folks in Atlanta are a bit behind.  This was posted only 28 minutes ago [ http://money.cnn.com/2014/06/02/technology/mobile/apple-wwdc-ios-8/index.html ]
Userlevel 7
I wonder will it decrease the performance of my iPad like the iOS7 upgrade did 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Roy ...I didn't noticed too much lag ...unless I'm just used to this IPad 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I don't hang around @  😉