Big tech companies plan “Internet Slowdown” to fight for net neutrality

• 5 September 2014
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54

Mozilla, reddit, others to display the "spinning wheel of death" next week.

by Jon Brodkin - Sept 4 2014

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/internet-slowdown-640x234.png Fight for the FutureNext week, some of the biggest tech companies will lead a symbolic “Internet Slowdown” to protest the Federal Communications Commission’s network neutrality proposal.
“Several top websites—including Etsy, Kickstarter, Foursquare, WordPress, Vimeo, reddit, Mozilla, Imgur, Meetup, Cheezburger, Namecheap, Bittorrent, Gandi.net, StartPage, BoingBoing, and Dwolla—announced that they will be joining more than 35 advocacy organizations and hundreds of thousands of activists in a day of action that will give a glimpse into what the Internet might look like if the FCC’s proposed rules go into effect,” a blog post today from the advocacy group “Fight for the Future” said.

Full Article

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Excellent article Jeff.................about time we fight back and let these lawmakers know how we feel.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Wow Webrooters and Jasper sounds like quite an event! Now does that mean I'll be using Safari for my Browser next week?

Um I've already have that spinning wheel in my FF now... 😢
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Well at least they don't do it on the 9th as that is Windows Patch Tuesday! LOL

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Webrooters! That's serious stuff coming from the MVP! Our TripleHelix looking after us!! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hello Webrooters! That's serious stuff coming from the MVP! Our Triple Helix looking after us!! :)
Maybe they should do it on the 9th because the last few months Windows Updates caused so many problems but I will wait 2 days unless I hear something about issues again for Sept 9th.....!

Daniel 😃