Solved

Compatibility of Webroot and Microsoft Defender together on Android devices

• 4 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

I have read on the Webroot website as well as many reviews about Webroot`s compaitibilty with other AVs on laptops and PCs.

However, does anyone know if this is the case with mobile devices too?

I have Webroot mobile and was wondering if it would be wise to install Microsoft Defender (Microsoft 365)  subscription) as well for extra protection on my Android Pixel device without the worry of clashing between the two AVs.

Best regards,

sm-d 

icon

Best answer by jhartnerd123 4 January 2024, 19:45

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @sm-d 

What I can say is try it and keep an eye on your device like acting funny battery drain and such and let us know!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.scmx&hl=en&gl=US

In-app purchases

https://play.google.com/store/apps/datasafety?id=com.microsoft.scmx&hl=en&gl=US

Can you tell us how much is the cost of Defender for Android?

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@sm-d 

I would advise against using multiple on any particular device. Can cause all sorts of issues, like performace problems, battery like @TripleHelix mentioned, app crashes etc…

If it’s a company device or a company managed O365 Defender (MDM etc.(  type license, then I’d say just use that. But for personal use, pick one and use best practice security wise. 

Hope this helps

John H

Userlevel 2

@TripleHelix 

Thanks for your reply.

Actually Defender comes free when you purchase a Microsoft 365 subscription.

I have Microsoft 365 Personal monthly plan for which I pay LKR (Sri Lankan Rupees) 2,499/month (USD 6.99 I think). 

Marlon D (sm-d) 

Userlevel 2

@jhartnerd123 

Thanks for your reply.

As you've mentioned, I'll stick with just one on my mobile (Webroot) and not risk running into unexpected issues since I'm already experiencing problems with the battery 🔋 on my old Pixel 4a device which I'm guessing is due to its small battery. 

Marlon D (sm-d