Don't be a bonehead: Run antivirus on your Mac

Show first post

32 replies

i'd also like to knowq....is it some hacker or neer-do-well that interrupts these pages with a starry sky and a black skull and crossbones? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Welcome shanemattison! To the community Forum!
If you are asking do you need any other programs to protect your Mac other then Webroot? I run WSAC on my Mac/ Maverick OS and nothing else. What version of Webroot do you have? Do you know? Some versions come with Password Manager, Backup& Sync and the Webshield in your browser.

You can introduce yourself to this Forum https://community.webroot.com/t5/Introduce-yourself-to-the/bd-p/Introductions if you'd like. We have a lot of informative Forum Members here to help and assist you. ;)

Thank you
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
i'd also like to knowq....is it some hacker or neer-do-well that interrupts these pages with a starry sky and a black skull and crossbones? 
Hello shanemattison, welcome to the community!

I assume you have a Mac and that is why you are posting your question here.

Could you please give us further details on these pages and when you are seeing them? Have you clicked on a link that took you to these pages?

We have an excellent tech support team who will be happy to assist you. They can be reached 24/7 by submitting a support ticket

Please do come back often and share your experiences with us!

Beth
Userlevel 7
Hi shanemattison

Welcome to the Community Forums.

@ wrote:
i'd like advice on should i get any more program than webroot? 
To this one I would answer simply that WSA should provide you with all the protection that you need for most situations/type of web and other related activities.  But if you feel so inclined you can run WSA with other security apps...it sits well/coexists with 99.9% of the others out there, and in fact I run it with VoodooShield, and for me that is a nice combo.

But by itself is just fine...IMHO.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hello, again...and on this one I would go with the previously provided good advice from Sherry & Beth...given what you are mentioning as the symptoms.

If you could provide more details as to what is happening, and when, etc. then we might be able to offer more advice but in the circumstances follow the advice already given so that you get it checked out by the professional 9as we are only volunteers here).

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Though much is said in jest, I found the previous posts to be true! I bought a Mac desktop...after a series of the buggiest OS updates I ever experienced, My Mac is morphing into an iPad or iPhone. One IOS fits all. Think of it---while Mac removes customization and options---at the same time, everything is full-screen, blindingly bright, with no menu to impede videos, surfing, or gaming. Mac decided I didn't really need spreadsheets or mail...besides, they're too buggy. Mac kept dumbing it down--for my own good. Seems I am no longer Mac's target customer.
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Back on topic, I take a hard line when it comes to computer security.  I can't lose everything again.  No patience with ignorance, apathy, or indifference there.  We stay informed to protect others from physical harm; so why should it be any different when it comes to our computers?  That means not letting Mac decide and do everything for you or blindly accepting dogma.  Research, keep it current, and find security that works.