File History Drive?

I get a message telling me that my File History drive was disconnected for two long and that my files will be copied to my hard drive. What does this mean? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi bizzibee

Take a look at this article for some explanation re. this issue.

Regards

Baldrick
Baldrick, what is a file history.  Why does it tell me to reconnect it?  Reconnect to what?  Do you know?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Here's a good explanation of what Windows File History is:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dn448546.aspx
Userlevel 7
Hi bizzibee

It would appear that File History is a new Windows  feature that can regularly backs up versions of your files in the Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos and Desktop folders and theOneDrive files available offline on your PC.

Over time, it will allow you to build up a complete history of your files. If the originals are lost, damaged or deleted, you can restore them. You can also browse and restore different versions of your files. For example, if you want to restore an older version of a file (even if it hasn't been deleted or lost), you can browse through a timeline, select the version you want and restore it.

Sounds like you have inadvertantly switched it on, and do not want it?  Take a look at this article for more information on the feature and how to enable/disable it.

Regards

Baldrick