Has anyone noticed that their clock is off when a scan is completed?

• 10 December 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
I have noticed that when I run a manual scan the hours tht it shows between scans is incredibly OFF in terms of the actual hours between scans and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hello @

No I haven't experienced any difference.  What are you actually seeing?
Userlevel 7
Hi gr8auntteffie

Hope that you are well?

I have seen this on an off occassionally so I suspect that it is a glith related to synchronisation of client to cloud user data. Personally I see it as no biggie as long as the scan has run successfully.

If concerned by this then I would Open a Support Ticket to report it to the Support Team, and then hopefully they can invetsigate the cause(s) for you.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 6

@  Well, when I logged on this morning the icon for WSA was not availlable for my nofitications for some reason, so could his be part of the problem or something separate?

It shows that I am protected and everything is switched 'On' that should be, and I ran a manual scan that shows everything is fine, but over the past week or so, when I would run a scan and then checked my home window on my computer for WSA, when the last scan had been performed say 6 hours previous, the clock stating the last scan took place would say 18 hours, which was what concerned me.

Now the icon for WSA is not available for the little notification group that always shows up on the right side which ALSO shows my yellow lock with the WSA Green Icon, so...

Should I be worried or is this an odd bugaboo?
Userlevel 7
Hi gr8auntteffie

As I said...it could well be a bugette, and an intermitent one at that but if the WSA processes are running and telling yo uthat yo are protected then I would not be worried.

However, as also previously advised, if concerned by this then I would Open a Support Ticket to report it to the Support Team, and then hopefully they can invetsigate the cause(s) for you.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 6
I thought I would take a chance and do a simple restart of my system and it took care of the icon showing back up AND having my yellow lock in place.

I'll keep my eyes on the clock and see who things go but if you don't think it's a serious issue, I won't worry!
Userlevel 7
Hi gr8auntteffie

What yo say is interesting...and, yes...I too would watch the clock for signs of a repeat...and as soon as you see it doing so again I would open that suggested Support Ticket ASAP thereafter to report it to the Support Team, and then hopefully they can investigate the cause(s) for you.

PLease do keep us updated with what you find concerning this matter...I for one am interested. ;)

Regards, Baldrick