HOTMAIL?!

• 19 August 2015
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Hi everyone,

I've got into a bit of a mess (again) and I'm hoping those techies amongst you can help me out again. I just hope I can explain it all properly.

I helped a non techie friend change his e-mail password which was accepted and he has been able to use it OK for months but he (not realizing the dangers) lent his laptop to a 'friend' who seems to have done God knows what to it and now he is unable to get into his hotmail account, amongst other things.  I've been asked to help him out again.  I've spent some time trying to get into his account and trying to change the password with no success, using Firefox, (I was able to use his account to change his password using my laptop only with his full knowledge and instruction) I keep getting directed to sign into a 'Microsoft account' which he hasn't got.

On his OK I went ahead and got him the Microsoft account using his Hotmail address and password thinking that all the data in his account would transfer to this one, but no, still can't access his original e-mails.  

Is there anyone there that can help us out? we're really stumped.

Linda  :@

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi LoopyLinda,

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with your friends email account.

All I know is to refer you to Microsoft HERE and HERE

Maybe someone else here on the Forum can assist with this issue.

You should be able to get back into his account again by changing the password. Using his exact email address.

Sorry I wasn't much help!

Regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Thanks Ssherjj,
I've been using the exact address and password, it just always diverts round and round to a Microsoft account login window.

Is there is anyone out there that can shed some light on this for me? I'd love to know what has happened to all of his e-mails.