How do I stop the many processes running in the background on my computer?

• 28 August 2014
  • 3 replies

Help! My computer is running so slowly and when trying to locate the problem, I learned that there are 67+ "processes" running in the background.  I asked for help but of course they wanted me to shell out $250.00.  I don't even know how they got there for what I need to do.

Thank you in advance :)

~Susan

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Help! My computer is running so slowly and when trying to locate the problem, I learned that there are 67+ "processes" running in the background.  I asked for help but of course they wanted me to shell out $250.00.  I don't even know how they got there for what I need to do.

Thank you in advance :)

~Susan
Hello Suseye!:D

Welcome to the Webroot Forum. Can you tell me what version of Webroot that you are running. Please do not pay 250$ for support! If you are concerned you could issue a Support Ticket Here You Can use Optimizer here

Please give us a holler back and we can assist you further where as they is alot of knowledgable Forum Members.

Thank you,

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
What Sherry said is exactly right.  Also there are several different places that can autorun these processes at startup.  So once we figure out which ones you don't need, we can help you find where to turn them off.  Some applications have a "run at startup" setting, and others can be called by registry keys.
Userlevel 7
Agreed...keep WELL CLEAR of anyone wanting that sort of money to sort out a problem the details of which they most probably have not got.

As it could (and I STRESS COULD rather than IS malware-related) go with the Support Ticket so that the Professionals can check this out for you.

Do let us know how you get on.

Regards, Baldrick