How to Stop “Upgrade to MacOS Sonoma” Notifications on Macs

• 19 February 2024
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 7

by: Paul Horowitz

Are you tired of seeing the “Upgrade to macOS Sonoma” notifications on your Mac running Ventura or Monterey? If so, you can hide those notifications and stop the “Upgrade to macOS Sonoma” nagging on your Mac.

It’s not unusual for Mac users to continue running older versions of system software, well after a new version of MacOS is released, and Sonoma is no different. In fact, there are tons of Mac users who continue to run MacOS Ventura, MacOS Monterey, and earlier MacOS releases, whether for compatibility reasons, personal preference, they’re not yet ready to install Sonoma, or maybe they’re simply following the old adage of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. Whatever the case, if you do not want to see the “Upgrade to macOS Sonoma” notifications on your Mac any longer, you can hide them.

⇨⇨ Full Article ⇦⇦

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

@ProTruckDriver

A little too late for stopping this update. Hopefully things will run well after restarting. 

Thank you just the same IMac guy!😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +54

How did it go @Ssherjj ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

How did it go @Ssherjj ?

Inquiring minds want to know 😁

Userlevel 7

@Ssherjj with all the Operating Systems from Apple you had, which one did you like the most?

macOS Monterey is as far as I can go with this iMac, but I’m still using macOS Catalina. I might upgrade to Monterey some day but I’m having absolutely no problems with Catalina. I’m the only one that uses the iMac, so chances of getting infected are slim to none.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

I actually like Sonoma, but which do I like the most? As unstable as it was I liked OS 9.x.  Since I worked on versions 5, 6, and early 7 I have to like all three. 😀

But the biggest impact was early OSX. 10.4 was stable, and I loved the glass/crystal look it had. 

And for later versions, I have to agree with Pro above, Catalina was a good release. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hope it went well @Ssherjj 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Ssherjjwith all the Operating Systems from Apple you had, which one did you like the most?

macOS Monterey is as far as I can go with this iMac, but I’m still using macOS Catalina. I might upgrade to Monterey some day but I’m having absolutely no problems with Catalina. I’m the only one that uses the iMac, so chances of getting infected are slim to none.

I took the plunge with Sonoma back in November. Have had no issues with it.
Having said that, I have a few clients where a couple of users have had weird little issues.

Personally, I also loved OS 9 as @MajorHavoc has said. LOVED my Control Strip! I was the last at work to move onto OS X. But then I moved onto being an Apple Trainer and had no choice as I had to teach it.

OS X Lion was good to me as was Catalina as others have said.

Think Monterey was the last one I found the most stable. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hope it went well @Ssherjj 

Hi @russell.harris The transition or update went without a hitch. Thank you! Haven't found any issues yet. Only time will tell. 🙃

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

@Ssherjjwith all the Operating Systems from Apple you had, which one did you like the most?

Sorry @ProTruckDriver ,

I had trouble when updating my browser to Webroot on my mobile device and forgot to get back to you. I liked Maverick the best on my 2009 iMac .🤣 It's still running. My 2021 iMac has been running good with all upgrades to be honest. I just cross my fingers and hope I don't encure any issues. My patience is low now a days. I still need to spend more time with my iMac. So I can't say which one I liked the best. So far everything looks and seems great. Thanks for asking 🙂 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

How did it go @Ssherjj ?

@Jasper_The_Rasper The update went well so far Jeff! You're so funny🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

How did it go @Ssherjj ?

Thanks Daniel,  had issues when updating the Webroot Mobile on my Samsung and forgot to check these posts. But that's another topic and post. Lol 

I love my iMac though🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hope it went well @Ssherjj 

Hi @russell.harris The transition or update went without a hitch. Thank you! Haven't found any issues yet. Only time will tell. 🙃

Fingers crossed!