I Stopped Using Mac After Leaving Apple

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
 BY: DAVID SOBOTTA
MAR. 20, 2014, 2:39 PM 
After nearly 20 years, one of the first things I did upon leaving Apple in July 2004 was to have my area associate—who was still an Apple employee—order me an employee-discounted 15" aluminum PowerBook. It was a natural thing.

Apple products began populating my desk starting in the summer of 1982 when I bought one of the first bundles of Apple II+ machines to arrive in Maritime Canada.
But more than two decades later, in September 2004, just a month after getting my new PowerBook, I ordered myself a Dell Pentium desktop running Windows XP.

A Big Transition

There were three reasons for my decision to buy a Windows computer: I wanted a platform where I could do some GPS work, I thought I would need Windows experience for my next job, and I wanted to bring up a Linux system, which I did. (The first real foray into the GPS world would have to wait a few years for the arrival of Google and Android.)

Interestesting find to me...
 Read More

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Interesting read...from someone that has used IPADs, Mini's, and I Phones but never an Apple laptop (long had that inner curiosity), very enjoyable perspective. Thanks Sherry!
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
A good read Sherry thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Good to know. ..thanks too!
Userlevel 7
Ah a very interesting read indeed. Thanks for sharing Sherry.:)