IS p2.dnxtrax.com a scam

• 13 June 2015
  • 3 replies

I was browsing with Chrome when I received an audible alarm from website: https://p2.dntrax.com   and a notification from a suspect Support1notification.pc-assistant4.info informing me to contact phone number -1-844-409-6572 for immediate assistance.  Has my browser been hijacked?  Can anyone provide advice and assistance?

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Webroot_novice

Welcome to the Community Forums.

This is definitively a SCAM and you should absolutely not respond to any entreaties to contact them.

As to whether you have been hijacked; well often in the case where you have not downloaded anything knowingly then it may just be a site based scam, i.e., the mere fact of visiting the site triggers the scan warning but just to be on the safe side I would run a scan of your system with WSA and see whether that turns up anything.

If it does not find anything then keep and eye out for further strange behaviour and if you are in anyway concerned the Open a Support Ticket so that the Support Team can check things out for your properly.  This is a free of charge service to all users with a valid/current licences/subscription.

If it does find something then follow the instructions provided and if manual intervention is required WSA will advise you to Open the Support Ticket/contact the Support Team.

Regards, Baldrick
The scan did not find anything suspicious. I will definitely keep my eye on things as suggested. Appreciate the advice and recommendation if a problem is discovered. Thanks Baldrick!

Regards,
Webroot_novice
Userlevel 7
Hi Hi Webroot_novice

Yes, these scams can be extremely confusing especially as you will have most likely not downloaded anything and WSA should most definitively protect you from a 'drive by' download attempt, etc.

The sites are just designed to scare the unwary into calling, etc. but as I said a weather eye on the system for anything that looks slightly odd happening, i.e., slower than normal boot up, sluggish response, disk thrashing, popup when yo are not expecting them, etc., and if yo do spot that then it is time to call in the professionals at Webroot.

But if you have any doubts do come back here and let us know and we will see what we can do further to assist.

Regards, Baldrick