• 7 replies

Userlevel 2
is regcurepro a good thing to have on my laptop ?--thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello DCRUMPTON6.

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

It is a legitimate program, and it's your choice to use or not. I have not used it, but software of this type is generally not recommended by many experts, and I would not use it myself. 

Userlevel 2
my misnomer--it is regcurepro--however--u have answered my question--!!--much appreciated -have a great day
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@ wrote:
my misnomer--it is regcurepro--however--u have answered my question--!!--much appreciated -have a great day
You're very welcome, and have a lovely day yourself.

If you spend some time here and check out various topics, you will learn a lot, and have some fun at tthe same time.
Userlevel 2
i c that already !!--thanks
Userlevel 7
Hi DCRUMPTON6

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add at this juncture...whilst some consider RegCure Pro a legitimate application some do not...but more importantly the question is how did it appear on your system? If you are asking what it is then I would venture that you did not download and install it but found that it appeared after some other event?

If I am correct then it is possible that it is operating as a PUA or Potentially Unwanted Application...and then you should investigate on what basis it was installed/what the potential cost of using it may be. If I am incorrect and you did knowingly download it then please disregard the above...but I will say that its purpose is Registry cleaning and playing with the Registry, even with an application apparently designed to do so is something that some do not recommend...so please be careful and make sure that you have your system backed up before you run the application.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Interesting reply !!---well done---i have seen--" long script'--too often----saw the info about regcurepro--but was reluctant--i use webroot on my pc--and am a proud customer of the geek squad--geek squad has helped me on numerous occassions
Userlevel 7
Hi DCRUMPTON6

Thanks for the reply.

We do try to provide as full as possible information on the question/query posed, without being overally judgemental, and hopefully that all helps...and you have what you need to consider your situation and act as you see is appropriate in your circumstances.

But should you have any further questions then please post back and we will try to help further.

Have a great weekend.

Regards, Baldrick