Solved

MCAfee

• 27 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

If I have Webroot, do I need to use McAfee Live Safe? 

icon

Best answer by jhartnerd123 27 February 2020, 19:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Hey @Max48 

While Webroot will function and play quite well with another security product installed, there really isn’t a need to have. Also considering it’s more resource intensive than Webroot, I’d suggest just ensuring your subscription is cancelled through them and remove the software. 

Cheers

John

Badge +1

Thank you :)

Badge +1

I keep getting “Your McAfee subscription has expired” Pop-Up.  It is no doubt malware.  Scanned computer but it didn’t catch anything.  How do I get rid of it?  Internet says it is a “phishing” malware.  Why do I want to buy another program to remove it if WebRoot already has malware blocker? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I keep getting “Your McAfee subscription has expired” Pop-Up.  It is no doubt malware.  Scanned computer but it didn’t catch anything.  How do I get rid of it?  Internet says it is a “phishing” malware.  Why do I want to buy another program to remove it if WebRoot already has malware blocker? 

You need to uninstall McAfee is that possible? https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/faces/oracle/webcenter/page/scopedMD/s55728c97_466d_4ddb_952d_05484ea932c6/Page29.jspx?articleTitle=McAfee+KB+-+Comment+supprimer+des+produits+McAfee+d%27un+PC+sous+Windows+%28TS101331%29&locale=en-CA&_adf.ctrl-state=t5od1nafy_75&wc.contextURL=%2Fspaces%2Fcp&articleId=TS101331&_afrLoop=1009523249577407#!

Does the pop-up come when you open a Browser or anytime? If a Browser please tell us what Browsers you use.

Thanks,