New Apple Commercial: Hello Apple Vision Pro

• 30 January 2024
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 7

by: Paul Horowitz

Apple is running a commercial for Apple Vision Pro that shows off the devices appearance when wearing, and the interface the wearer sees overlayed onto the world.

The ad shows people interacting with various spatial computing interfaces and apps, from general computing tasks, to watching movies, making FaceTime video calls, interacting with panoramic photos, all while the song “Dreamer” by Roger Hodgson plays in the background of the advertisement.

⇨⇨ Full Article With Videos" ⇦⇦

11 replies

Userlevel 7

This is all we need. I can see it now, people driving down the Interstate wearing this goofy thing and not paying attention to traffic. 🙄

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

There will be VR driving that might make people drive safer, but who knows. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hmm. Im a massive Apple fan and have most of their products. But not sure about this one!

Userlevel 7

Hmm. Im a massive Apple fan and have most of their products. But not sure about this one!

If you’re going to buy, I’d wait for the price to go down.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you’re going to buy, I’d wait for the price to go down.

yes, ALOT!

Userlevel 7
Badge +54

$3500!!! they are having a giraffe!!!!

Userlevel 7

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

OK, now that I have left Apple and that this product has been finally introduced and made for sale, I can tell you all that I was on the team that created that device.  

Yes, it is expensive, but until you put one on your face and try it out, you cannot understand just how much better this is than anything on the market today. And Im not saying that just because I worked on it. The experience is amazing.  Watching movies and videos and viewing panorama photos is unlike anything you have seen before. And if you need privacy, you can move your Mac screen to a virtual screen in the head set that only you can see. I think on an airplane would be one of the places that this device will shine, or in a crowded office. where you want some privacy.  And the virtual items lock into place exceptionally well, with no  swimming or moving. You put a window some place and it stays there no matter how much you move. 

I DO NOT recommend wearing this while driving. I am hoping that laws will show up to prevent this form happening. Yes, it will work, but your field of view will be somewhat smaller than your naked eyes. 

Before you dismiss this, I suggest going to an Apple store and trying one out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Yea, the price is crazy, and I understand all the noise about it.

But understand the display is better than then Studio Pro which costs $1600, and it has the chips of a MacBookPro, which cost From $1600 to $2000, so I am guessing they justify the price that way, 

The scary part if is you want the full 1 TB model with AppleCare it will cost almost $5000!!!!! OUCH!

Userlevel 7

Before you dismiss this, I suggest going to an Apple store and trying one out.

I’m going to give that a try sometime next month. 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Agree with @MajorHavoc after trying these out. Compared to the rest of the market Apple is leading again. Amazing product. Just really cant justify the price. But then, I said the same about the iPhone and the iPad and the Apple TV and now I have them all!