Pink slips rain down on Microsoft

• 18 September 2014
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
By Juan Carlos Perez  Posted on 9/18/2014

As had been rumored earlier this week, Microsoft lopped off a second set of jobs Thursday, cutting 2,100 positions, as part of a restructuring plan announced two months ago to eliminate 18,000 positions, or about 14% of the company's workforce.

"The reductions happening today are spread across many different business units, and many different countries. We will continue to go through this process in the most thoughtful manner possible, with the deepest respect for affected individuals and recognition of their service to the company," a Microsoft spokeswoman said via email.
All affected employees will receive severance packages.

ComputerWorld/ full article here/ http://www.computerworld.com/article/2685247/pink-slips-rain-down-on-microsoft.html

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
It's quite unfortunate that this happpens to anyone in this economic climate.It very well could have happened to any of us.I'm sure most will land elsewhere,as quite a few are amongst the best at what they do.I wish them all well.I know quite a few from the nokia side will wind up losing jobs due to the aquisition by MS.I'm not a fan of nokia in the least,but i hate seeing anyone lose a job.I certainly hope Nadella knows what he is doing and has a rock solid plan going forward.MSFT can ill afford any more missteps.