Poland's overlooked Enigma codebreakers

• 5 July 2014
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
By Gordon Corera BBC News, Warsaw

The first breakthrough in the battle to crack Nazi Germany's Enigma code was made not in Bletchley Park but in Warsaw. The debt owed by British wartime codebreakers to their Polish colleagues was acknowledged this week at a quiet gathering of spy chiefs.
On the outskirts of Warsaw, some of the most senior spy bosses from Poland, France and Britain gathered this week in a nondescript but well-guarded building used by the Polish secret services. Their coming together was a way of marking the anniversary of a moment three-quarters of a century earlier when their predecessors held a meeting in Warsaw that played a crucial role in the victory over Hitler in World War Two.

Full Article

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
😃 Very Very interesting article!! I will read this to my Grandson who is a military fanatic at the precious age of 8!

Great Find! Thank you Jasper!;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
If you look back through this Techie forum @ you will find some more posts I have made at different times about the codebreakers etc.
They were and incredible group of people all doing groundbreaking and that Alan Turing was a genius and we have a lot to thank him for.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Jasper writes:

If you look back through this Techie forum @ you will find some more posts I have made at different times about the codebreakers etc.
They were and incredible group of people all doing groundbreaking and that Alan Turing was a genius and we have a lot to thank him for.
------------------
Great I read the article of Alan Turing...you are right..guite thankful to a genius of a man...will look up techie posts... 🙂