Macro and hyperlinks blocked in Word

• 22 January 2015
  • 3 replies

As IT manager, I recently deployed Webroot Enterprise to a small, 20 member network.  One user utilizes a custom macro for Word 2007 documents for a specialized technical application.  Since the installation of Webroot, the macro no longer works and hyperlinks imbedded in Word no longer allow him to link to the web.  No other users are reporting an issue.  At this point I've been unable to find any setting(s) that would be causing this, but I'm hoping someone out there has a solution or at least a clue for me.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Hello,
Did you check the log file under % PROGRAMDATA%WRDataWRLog log? It could be that the identity or application protection from Webroot is blocking the attempt to access your other application.
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
As IT manager, I recently deployed Webroot Enterprise to a small, 20 member network.  One user utilizes a custom macro for Word 2007 documents for a specialized technical application.  Since the installation of Webroot, the macro no longer works and hyperlinks imbedded in Word no longer allow him to link to the web.  No other users are reporting an issue.  At this point I've been unable to find any setting(s) that would be causing this, but I'm hoping someone out there has a solution or at least a clue for me.
This is a new one for me.  I am going to forward this over to Support and see what they can do to help.  Were you able to try regnor's suggestion?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Indeed, this would be new or undisclosed functionality for WSA to have any involvement here.

In the logs, did Webroot remove any virus? The HTTP handler may have been hijacked, and Webroot removing the virus may have broken that from looking like it was working. That's my only idea.