Solved

Overrides Import - new function - clarification

• 1 July 2014
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Hi Guys

First of all I need to say that policies and overrides import/export are both great functionality, so thank you for that.

But I need some clarification before I start to use them.

I prefer to make sure so can you explain me exactly how those three options works and what happened with my old overrides when I choose one of them.
Especially first one - what overrides are "redundant" for Webroot?

Best Regards and thank you for response

icon

Best answer by WR_Paul 1 July 2014, 17:03

View original

1 reply

Badge +1
HI Sebastian,

I'm glad you like our recent release, we are in the process of updating the help documentation so that we have full guidance for the new features.

For now, I can help describe the import override feature you highlighted:

Site to import overrides from:  This list of overrides available to import are based on all the consoles that you have access to, this is especially useful when you have multiple consoles with different overrides.

Remove Redundant Overrides: This will compare the determination you have set on the override with the Webroot cloud determination (the determination our threat research team sets), if these match, then the override will be ignored on import. This is especially useful if you have many 1000's of overrides.

Overwrite Existing Overrides: This will overwrite the determination of any overrides which already exist.

Include Policy Based Overrides: If you have set an override against a certain policy, this will import it.

Our tech authors will have a cleaner description, but this is the essence of this feature.

Kind Regards,

Paul