undetermined software and overrides

• 18 December 2014
  • 1 reply

Hi there. My first post here.
I work as it admin for an italian company (about 100 endpoints) and we recently switched to webroot endpoitn security after some frustrating years with another AV product.
My question is related to the undetermined software and how to handle it.
We have some applications which have been internally developed so, pretty easy to understand, webroot doesen't recognize them marking'em as undetermined software.
These programs are installed on several endpoints so I just picked up all the files, created a specific override and applied it.
Unfortunately I noticed that this doesen't reflect to all endpoints as they are always present when I run a report. Only the endpoint from which I chose the files list doesen't appear anymore. IS this a normal behaviour ?
Actually I have not really yet understood if creating overrides for undetermined software is a mandatory step.....
Thanks in advance and best regards
MAx

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You should be able to override it in the console for all endpoints.  But the best thing to do is contact support and have them whitelist it on our end.  They can also create rules to recognize it when updated so you don't have to whitelist it after every time you update the software.