UTM protection ? Advance Firewall with DPI ?

• 3 November 2014
  • 1 reply

I want to ask the expert .. i have Gateway and i need to protect all the traffic , so please answer those things .

1 - how i could use Webroot as Advance firewall with dpi that could stop P2P traffic like Torrent ?
2 - how i could use Webroot as Antivirus will detect the virus before reaching my clients ?
and is it against DDoS protection ?
3 - do you have a real UTM ? 

Thank you !

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You'll probably want a separate firewall for blocking torrent traffic.  Our app uses the built in Windows firewall, but that probably won't give you what you need.

The way our antivirus works is by evaluating the processes that are running, rather than scanning every file for a virus.  That's what enables it to run so quickly and with such minimal impact to the endpoints.  

We'd consider Webroot a piece of your security setup, but you'd want to augment that with other protection.  Our specialty is detecting and removing viruses and malware in a cloud based setup.  Our main advantage is that we journal changes made by new processes until they are evaluated as good or bad, which enables us to catch a lot of 0-day stuff and protect you from it.