Solved

Webroot , Windows Defender and Huntress

• 19 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello,

We are using Webroot alongside Huntress, and we want to use the features of Managed AV of Huntress as it can trigger an analyse of the Huntress ThreatOps Team.

So, my question is simple, can we use Webroot and Microsoft Defender actively (as Windows Defender can stop a malware and trigger Huntress) on the same computer.

Actually, i have just found some very old article that says it’s possible :

SecureAnywhere You want to know if SecureAnywhere is compatible with other antivirus software (webroot.com)

SecureAnywhere You want tips for running SecureAnywhere with another antivirus program (webroot.com)

But it’s about 10-year-old articles, so i want to know if, in 2023, it still actual , or not?

I have also seen this post : Webroot with Windows Defender in 2021 | Webroot Community but the solution say that Windows Defender should have Active Scanning Disabled  so i suppose that will disable the benefit of Microsoft Defender with Huntress.

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 19 September 2023, 15:54

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Yes, this is no problem.  I do this on many of my endpoints (Defender + Webroot) with no issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Sebkms 

When Webroot is installed Windows Defender is turned off there use to be a work around for Win 7, 8.0 and 8.1 but it doesn’t work anymore with Win 10 or 11 see here

. But you can turn on Periodic Scanning Tab for Windows Defender if you want.

Click on picture to see full size.

If you like there maybe is a working around from Webroot Support?

You can Submit a Support ticket or call the number closes to you!

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/support/contact

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Yes, this is no problem.  I do this on many of my endpoints (Defender + Webroot) with no issues.

Hi Brian,

Can to tell us how to run both Webroot and Windows Defender at the same time on Win 10 and 11!

Thanks,

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@TripleHelix 

Hi Daniel - I just manually turn it back on as you illustrated in your screen shot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Okay so you turn on Periodic Scanning. I was hoping Webroot had another work around to run both at the same time in real-time like with Win 7, 8 and 8.1.

Thanks,