Can neither remove nor disable Tracfone app on Android

• 8 January 2016
  • 4 replies

Not only can I not remove this app; I can't even disable it. The option to do so is "greyed out"

It's called "Tracfone Client Provisioning Manager" and has been identified by Webroot as a threat (android.trojan.gen.heur).

Suggestions?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I am not finding much information about this threat other then this could be a false positive. My best advice would be to Submit a Support Ticket free of charge with an active Webroot subscription.

EDITED: This program that is greyed out could very well be a Tracfone system program and might not be able to be removed.

Hope this helps?

Thanks for your response.

Believe it or not, I'm actually having trouble submitting a support ticket. It says that a conversation has already begun with me (not sure what this is referencing) and asks me to put in my password to continue the correspondence; when I do so, the same message appears. Not sure what's going on there.

My guess is that it is indeed a false positive (and that it is a system program) so I'll just tell Webroot to ignore it and hopefully that will be the end of it.

Thanks again for your help!
I am having the same problem on my phone.
It keeps showing up as a threat and I can not Delete or Disable.
Help?

Tx/s
Gja
Userlevel 7
Hi Brknwgs1

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Please reference Sherry's previous post (No. 2 in the list) in relation to this, especially the part about the fact that what you may be looking disbale may be a valid system app and therefore there may be no option to.

Als, have you tried checking in withthe Tracfone Support site (HERE) as they may be able to offer some advice on this in terms of what has been stated above.

Regards, Baldrick