Solved

My tablet won't unlock

• 7 November 2020
  • 10 replies

I use a 4-digit PIN to unlock my tablet. It was fine last night, this morning it won’t unlock. It’s a Samsung Galaxy TAB A

icon

Best answer by JAQ-PC 7 November 2020, 20:05

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Is it not recognizing the PIN, or no digits are showing up when you touch the screen?

It doesn’t recognize my PIN

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Have you restarted your tablet recently? Might need to do it again. I've had issues in the past with different phone & tablets where they restarted after an update or something and they didn't quite work right until I turned off & restarted it. To be clear, I mean to fully power it down (maybe even remove your battery if you can) and then turn it back on. If that doesn't work, your best bet would be to call your carrier support. They should be able to direct you on what your options are

No, but I do every week or so. And I can’t power it down without unlocking it! Very frustrating. Last tablet update was a few weeks ago. I turned on PIN lock because I decided I wanted find my mobile to work. Less than a week ago. It was fine until this morning. I don’t know if Webroot updated recently, probably. I update my apps through the play store. I don’t have a carrier, this tablet is WiFi only. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

You could always return it to wherever you bought it to have them unlock it too. I doubt that Webroot had anything to do with this. I was thinking that your tablet might've had a system update or something. Not sure if you can remove the battery or not, but that would power it off too

I’m going to remove the battery. After that, I don’t know. Waiting to here from Webroot support also.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Good luck. Let us know how it goes either way

Had to go to Samsung Community to find solution. It’s working now. Power+vol down button restarted it so I was able to get in.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Awesome! Glad it worked out for you

Do you know if you were able to reset it? I did the same thing...