Solved

Blank screen on bootup after power cut

• 11 June 2014
  • 3 replies

Hi i was not sure where to post this but i recently come across a issue with Webroot AV. If i have a power cut (In my case im from the UK so i run out of electricity) and turn the pc back on i get booted to a black screen.

To fix this you have to boot up to safe mode (without networking) and disable (uncheck the box) in msconfig then boot the pc as normal then open msconfig again and re check the box. I aint sure if this issue is known but thought i would post it anyways.
icon

Best answer by jwhacka 12 June 2014, 04:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi jwhacka

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Not heard of this one before and I do not think that this is specifically due to WSA.  If you Google "Blank screen on bootup after power cut" you will find a number of topics/articles including some on the MS Forum that deal with this phenomenon.

May I suggest that you scan a few of these and see if they offer assistance in resolving this matter?

And please come back and let us know what you find...all information is good to know.

Regards

Baldrick
Hi i dont think its MS or anything else because i have alot of power cuts because i use so much electric. This has only happened since using Webroot the first time i had this my Webroot settings reset this time they did not. The only way i could get the pc to bootup normal was by disabling Webroot from startup. Its no problem for me as i know how to fix it but thought i would share just incase 😛
Userlevel 7
Hi jwhacka

Many thanks for sharing, as I said before...all information is good to know. :D

Regards

Baldrick