Solved

Block and allow problem

• 10 June 2014
  • 6 replies

Hi,  my favorite game is not working when webroot is on, im planning to play again but the problem is webroot doesnt allow me, i can only play it when i turn off webroot. so i searched it in the quarantine area, not in there and add it in the block/allow area and i click allow, but when i open the game again, still doesnt work. So what should i do now? please help. THANKS 🙂
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 10 June 2014, 05:38

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Welcome paulo234,
Your issue could be as simple as getting some files White listed in order to do that can you Please contact the WSA support inbox and they will be happy to help you! https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp?

Or can I ask you did you check Identiy Protection area? Or the Utilities area, System Control tab, Control Active Processes? Please refer to these and see if you can add it there? Hopefully someone on the WSA Forum can assist you further before issuing a support ticket...

Our more experienced Forum Members are off line right now.. @ can help further...in the morning...

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Hello paulo234. Welcome to the Community.

Right click on the WSA icon in the taskbar and select 'Save a Scan log'. Save the log to the Desktop. Open it and go to the bottom of it. Look for a sentence that says the name of the game and mentions the word 'blocked'. Copy the sentence and any sentence that mentions the name of the game or its process, and paste it the Support Ticket you would open using https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp?

The Support Team will whitelist the game and give you further instructions.:)
Userlevel 7
Hi Amit

WHilst what you suggest is certainly fine...apparently one does not need to do anything with the Scan Log as I have learnt that a copy of the latest one is apparently uploaded to the Support Team when you log the Support Ticket.  SO really all that one needs to do is describe the problem and with the Scan Log itself the Support Team should be able to diagnose the issue.

I personally have not seen any evidence of this, but then again how would one know...just been advised when I logged a ticket a while back and included some details from the Scan Log as you have suggested.

Hope that is of use?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
You are correct, if you create a ticket on the PC that is having the issue the scan logs will be automatically uploaded. 
Userlevel 7
Cheers, Roy...thanks for the confirmation...and I am glad to know that I was not imagining it.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi Amit

WHilst what you suggest is certainly fine...apparently one does not need to do anything with the Scan Log as I have learnt that a copy of the latest one is apparently uploaded to the Support Team when you log the Support Ticket.  SO really all that one needs to do is describe the problem and with the Scan Log itself the Support Team should be able to diagnose the issue.

Regards

Baldrick
@ wrote:
You are correct, if you create a ticket on the PC that is having the issue the scan logs will be automatically uploaded. 
Oh I see. I didn't know that. Thanks Solly for bringing it to my attention and thanks Roy for confirming it.