Solved

Blocked Website

• 25 August 2014
  • 7 replies

Is there anyway to get more information regarding why a particular website is blocked? I realise that I can click the button to ignore Webroot's warning and continue to the site regardless; however, I am curious to know more details.

The site in question is http://www.bettertouchtool.net 

I previously researched the validity of the site and product, and everything looked to be legitimate. The Webutation for the site looks good http://www.webutations.info/go/review/bettertouchtool.net So, what does Webroot know about this site?
icon

Best answer by DanP 25 August 2014, 16:23

View original

7 replies

I posted a question about a particular blocked website a couple hours ago; I came back to check for any replies, and my post is gone. I looked in different forum sections other than where I posted it in the event it was moved. I looked under my new profile/account information, but there was nothing. Finally, I searched the forums, but to no avail. I found dozens of other topics questioning blocked sites, but not mine. So, I can only conclude that my post was deleted for some reason, and I was not notified that I broke any rules. Where did my post go and why? 
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I posted a question about a particular blocked website a couple hours ago; I came back to check for any replies, and my post is gone. I looked in different forum sections other than where I posted it in the event it was moved. I looked under my new profile/account information, but there was nothing. Finally, I searched the forums, but to no avail. I found dozens of other topics questioning blocked sites, but not mine. So, I can only conclude that my post was deleted for some reason, and I was not notified that I broke any rules. Where did my post go and why? 
Hi and welcome to the community.  All apologies for any problems.  Honestly, I'm not sure what happened.  Your stats say that you have 2 posts, but only this one appears.  Hopefully @ or @ can investigate this for you in the morning.  Once again, welcome!
Userlevel 7
Hi wyldoxz

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You can check out the Webroot view of a site's current threat, content & reputation analysis by going to this BrightCloud webpage...this is what the Web Threat Shield's actions are based on.

And also on $hat site there are options to request categorisation & reputation changes if you believe that these are incorrect for a web site.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
@ wrote:
Is there anyway to get more information regarding why a particular website is blocked? I realise that I can click the button to ignore Webroot's warning and continue to the site regardless; however, I am curious to know more details.

The site in question is www.bettertouchtool.net 

I previously researched the validity of the site and product, and everything looked to be legitimate. The Webutation for the site looks good http://www.webutations.info/go/review/bettertouchtool.net So, what does Webroot know about this site?
Hello wyldoxz,
A change request has been submitted to have that block removed. 

Thanks,

-Dan
Userlevel 7
Hi Dan

Thanks, knew it would be something relatively simple.

Regards, Baldrick
My original post seems to have reappeared along with some replies. Thank you to whoever resolved the issue.
Userlevel 7
Hi wyldoxz

No problem...that is what the Community is here for...amongst other things.  Hope to see you around in the future...and not just when you have an issue with WSA...;)

Regards, Baldrick