Solved

Desktop folder disappeared!?

Userlevel 2
Win7 Pro x86- Advanced user

I just installed the trial, and after a few reboots one of my big desktop storage folders disappeared (not in quarantine, and other 2 storage folders still there)?
I had previously run 2 clean scans.

I can probably revover it from my Macrium Reflect backup..., but fear that the same thing may happen?
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 17 July 2014, 01:53

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community! So you think WSA removed a Folder? Well it can't remove a Folder but files inside the Folder please have a look here: http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/603/Managing-quarantined-items and please let us know as that doesn't sound like WSA can even do that.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

I just installed the trial, and after a few reboots one of my big desktop storage folders disappeared (not in quarantine, and other 2 storage folders still there)?

I can probably revover it from my Macrium Reflect backup..., but fear that the same thing may happen?
Welcome to the community scottls59901!

Sorry to hear you are having this problem.

I see Daniel being much faster than I posting has already given you some direction as I type. Thus, you are in the best hands!

So, I will wait to hear back from you.

We do have a great tech support team who will also be happy to assist you. You can contact them 24/7 by submiting a support ticket.

Please do let us know how you make out with this and come back often!

Happy to have you here!

Beth
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:

:D Welcome to the Community @  Great to have you here! Hopefully Daniel has solved your issues here! 

Once resolved please dont be a stranger and come on back ya'hear!!;)

Regards,
Userlevel 2
I was able to recover the folder from Macrium backup, but am having other browser problems-
1. Lastpass not working in IE10, but does in FF30.
2. Pages timing out  here and at amazon.com (Server not found), but sometimes  load on retry.
3. While I'm typing this reply in FF30, a yellow box keeps poping up saying "action not completed..."?

When I first installed WRA trial, I didn't do another scan before 1st restart.
Do I need to uninstall/reinstall with scan (I did negative on-demand scans with MBAM free, and emsisoft Kit, prior to install)-
Any special instructions?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I was able to recover the folder from Macrium backup, but am having other browser problems-
2. Pages timing out  here and at amazon.com (Server not found), but sometimes  load on retry.
3. While I'm typing this reply in FF30, a yellow box keeps poping up saying "action not completed..."?

Do I need to uninstall/reinstall with scan (I did negative on-demand scans with MBAM free, and emsisoft Kit, prior to install)-
Hi @ , Yes I would do a clean install and scan.
So, if you do not mind could you try a clean uninstall/reinstall of SecureAnywhere.  You can use this link to download a new copy of the installer (assuming you did not purchase from Best Buy).  Then uninstall, reboot, install with the new installer (making sure that you do not import any previous settings if offered the option, and then reboot.
making sure that before you do you make sure that you have your keycode at hand: 

Finally, if none of that helps then you are going to need you to Open a Support Ticket in for the Support Team to to properly address the issue in this case.  This will most likely require some basic log gathering so they can see what's going on in terms of interaction with other software.

May I suggest you uninstall FF and reinstall again? That might help? 

Also maybe one of our other volunteers could assist?;)

Please post back if you have more concerns or if this problem has been resolved so that we may help others.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:

Hello can you please download the Toolbar Fix Tool and run it and then reboot as that should install the Password Manager in IE.
2. Nothing to do with WSA
3. Nothing to do with WSA

And if the toolbar installed in IE after using the Tool and are still having issues then please Do as Sherry suggested above and do a clean reinstall of WSA and don't change any settings and let us know if that corrects your other 2 issues.

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That sounds concerning, if you had folders that vanished.  Can I have support contact you to follow up to check your logs and see what happened?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Hello can you please download the Toolbar Fix Tool and run it and then reboot as that should install the Password Manager in IE.

And if the toolbar installed in IE after using the Tool and are still having issues then please Do as Sherry suggested above and do a clean reinstall of WSA and don't change any settings and let us know if that corrects your other 2 issues.

Thanks,

Daniel
I hope your issue has been resolved with the help of Daniel's advise and if not that you have submitted a support ticket.

Please let us know your status.

BTW, just curious, are you using both LastPass and Webroot Password manager ? I have both installed and enabled in IE and have not experienced any issues, however I udpdated to IE 11.

Beth

Userlevel 2
@BB97 wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Thanks,

Daniel
I hope your issue has been resolved with the help of Daniel's advise and if not that you have submitted a support ticket.

Please let us know your status.

BTW, just curious, are you using both LastPass and Webroot Password manager ? I have both installed and enabled in IE and have not experienced any issues, however I udpdated to IE 11.

Beth

WSA does Not have a password manager or encryption, and that's why I opted for WSA- I'm happy with Lastpass, and Zemana Antilogger full encryption.
I had issues with IE11 not loading, and downgraded to IE10 (I suspect my old KIS2014 AV was the culprit?).

I'll try a clean WSA uninstall, and see if that helps?- I'm using the WSA trial, but will go ahead & purchase boxed for key code on Amazon.
Userlevel 7
Thanks for responding. Sharing eachothers experience is very helpful to other members as well as to our tech support and developement teams.

Just and FYI, Webroot Password Manager is LASTPASS with the Webroot brand name. So if you are using the paid version of LASTPASS, when your renewal comes up, compoare them as it is included with Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete.

As for IE 11, Webroot WSA supports it and you should have not compatibility issues.

Looking forward to hearing how you are doing with the paid version when you install it.

Beth

Userlevel 7
I would not advise a clean re-installation, IF Webroot removed the desktop folder and you do a clean un/re the contents of the Quarantine folder will be removed. 
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I would not advise a clean re-installation, IF Webroot removed the desktop folder and you do a clean un/re the contents of the Quarantine folder will be removed. 

Daniel had directed him how to locate the quarantined files, but he never responded that I could see, as to whether or not he was able to locate the folder there or not.

He did tell us though that he restored it with Macrium backup.  

Thank you for that reminder, I hope he does come back and read your advise!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
WSA does Not have a password manager or encryption, and that's why I opted for WSA- I'm happy with Lastpass, and Zemana Antilogger full encryption.
I had issues with IE11 not loading, and downgraded to IE10 (I suspect my old KIS2014 AV was the culprit?).

I'll try a clean WSA uninstall, and see if that helps?- I'm using the WSA trial, but will go ahead & purchase boxed for key code on Amazon.

Hi scottls59901 can you give us an update please and sorry for not seeing this was in the AV only section duh me! :S

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
@ wrote:

Hi scottls59901 can you give us an update please and sorry for not seeing this was in the AV only section duh me! :S

Thanks,

Daniel ;)
I purchased WSA yesterday, and so far it's working Much better than the Very Limited Trial (they should make it Full featured!)-
I was having weird isues... until I opened/closed my Auslogics Free defrag to get it trusted (I slso added it to Add/Allow), then there was a Big burst of HD activity!
I'm now opening/closing All my applications to get them Trusted...
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Good to hear a support ticket would be faster as they can get your scan logs and Whitelist them faster in the Cloud Database.

Cheers,

Daniel 😉